koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Ukrainian and translation for 2.2.7+

From: Serhij Dubyk Сергі й Дубик
Subject: [Koha-translate] Ukrainian and translation for 2.2.7+
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 01:37:02 -0800 (PST)

Good day

I am prepared new part of Ukrainian translation of Koha.
It's based on Koha 2.2.7 and my be good for new Koha 2.2.7.1 or 2.2.8.

Here are a lot of files and some explanations:
OPAC-css:
all translated, some error fixed
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/opac/css/2.2.7/css_opac_uk_UA.po.tar.bz2
prepared templates
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/opac/css/2.2.7/uk_opac-tmpl_css_folder.tar.bz2

INTRANET-default:
all translated
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/intranet/default/2.2.7/default_intranet_uk_UA.po.tar.bz2
Also extracted from subfolder "value_builder" translation string:
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/intranet/default/2.2.7/english_clear_value_builder.pot.tar.bz2
and start translation:
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/intranet/default/2.2.7/default_intranet_value_builder_uk_UA.po.tar.bz2
At end was prepared templates (included value_builder folder too):
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/intranet/default/2.2.7/uk_UA_intranet_tmpl_default_folder.tar.bz2

OPAC-npl:
Translated currently main pages, so may be usefull
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/opac/npl/2.2.7/npl_opac_uk_UA.po.tar.bz2
And templates:
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/opac/npl/2.2.7/uk_opac-tmpl_npl_folder.tar.bz2

INTRANET-npl:
Also translation in work:
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/intranet/npl/2.2.7/npl_intranet_uk_UA.po.tar.bz2
Ectracted "value_builder"
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/intranet/npl/2.2.7/english_clear_value_builder_npl.pot.tar.bz2
and also start translation
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/intranet/npl/2.2.7/npl_intranet_value_builder_uk_UA.po.tar.bz2
and all this in templates
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/intranet/npl/2.2.7/uk_UA_intranet_tmpl_npl_folder.tar.bz2

SQL-tables:
all translated, added holding field/subfield translation:
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/marc_datas/unimarc_uk/unimarc_uk_structure_def.tar.bz2
added new stopwords:
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/sql-datas/ukrainian/stopwords.tar.bz2
ukrainian_authorities_unimarc not chenged, so not listed
All translated system pref., included setting for Ukraine, utf-8
 and modified "Choice"-like variables for styles
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/sql-datas/ukrainian/unimarc_standard_systemprefs.tar.bz2

I also did small research about a cyrillic alphabet and try to use
utf-8 everywhere: linux-locale, apache, koha-templates ...
and for MySQL (4.1) need this code in my.ini/my.cnf:
[mysql]
default-character-set=utf8
[mysqld]
init-connect = 'SET NAMES utf8'
default-character-set=utf8
character-set-server=utf8
collation-server=utf8_unicode_ci
This setting need BEFORE installing Koha/creating bases.
With this cyrillic work good (I hope, for all).
Maybe it need be to add to installation Koha-script

Also the other day saw the strange cutting of strings in Koha:
1) After import unimarc_standard_systemprefs.sql into Koha DB some lines are
cutted. This cutting observed in browser and Db data too.
2) Found this cutting also in some records, imported into Koha (at now
found only few such strange records)

Look also at my page, devoted to translation/adaptation Koha for
Ukraine:
http://www.library.lviv.ua/software/koha/index_eng.shtml

With best wishes
 Serhij Dubyk