koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] zebra extended services problem

From: Sebastian Hammer
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] zebra extended services problem
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 19:42:17 -0500

Paul POULAIN wrote:

Mike Taylor a écrit :

I begin to play with ZOOM::package and get some unclear (to me)
errors...

# first, drop Zebra DB
eval {
my $Zpackage = $Zconn->package();
    $Zpackage->send("drop");
};

Two problems here.  First, _what_ database do you want to drop?  You
need to set its name into the XS package so that the server knows what
you're requesting:
    $Zpackage->option(databaseName => $dbname);

OK, but why is dbname usefull ?
If I don't mind, zebrasrv uses 1 zebra.cfg, that defines one DB
structure, so 1 DB.
Or I missed something you'll explain !

Zebra supports multiple logical databases within one index set. In the case of Koha, it may have no relevance if Koha only allows the library to maintain one database (main catalog).. logical databases are identified by this name, and searches may span multiple databases.

--Sebastian

Error updating 10002 => Encoding failed
I bet it's
>     $Zpackage->option(record => $record->as_usmarc);

Once more, you win the prize!  (Three in 24 hours.  Good going.)

Okay, I'll play Euromillion, on Friday 13 :
(http://www.fdjeux.com/jeux/euromillions/)

103 000 000 Euros to win !
(If I win, i'll still work on Koha, but as a hobby ;-) )

--
Sebastian Hammer, Index Data
address@hidden   www.indexdata.com