koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] (no subject)

From: Thomas Dukleth
Subject: [Koha-zebra] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:08:31 -0000 (UTC)

I was discussing Zebra with Frédéric DEMIANS today when he raised the
issue of Zebra's lack of indexing support for Unicode.  The message which
he links shows that indexing support is limited to 256 characters which
would be a serious problem for supporting many languages in Koha and seems
to require significant funding to remedy.

This issue may not trouble most libraries currently using Koha but will
certainly prevent adoption until it is corrected at some libraries which I
had thought would be well suited for Koha 3.0.