Re: Mach emulation

From: David Welch
Subject: Re: Mach emulation
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 01:38:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, OKUJI Yoshinori wrote:

>   Well, can you make a list of items which we need to emulate? The
> essential Mach system calls are few (see
> glibc/mach/mach/mach_traps.h), but there are several shortcut calls as
> well. And, it is necessary to list up all Mach objects (such as port
> and portset).

* Mach syscalls

[System calls referenced in the HURD or glibc]

mach_msg
mach_reply_port
mach_thread_self
mach_task_self
mach_host_self
device_write_request
swtch_pri
thread_switch
vm_map
vm_allocate
vm_deallocate
task_create
task_terminate
task_suspend
task_set_special_port
mach_port_allocate
mach_port_deallocate
mach_port_insert_right
mach_port_allocate_name

[System calls apparently not in use]

evc_wait
evc_wait_clear
device_writev_request
swtch
thread_depress_abort

Gnumach also includes support for backwardly compatible IPC which glibc
doesn't generate stubs for. It doesn't include support for ATM related
system calls but glibc does generate stubs for them.

* Mach objects

task
thread
memory_object