Re: emulating no-senders notifications in L4?

From: Espen Skoglund
Subject: Re: emulating no-senders notifications in L4?
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:53:35 +0100

[Thomas Bushnell]
> Espen Skoglund <address@hidden> writes:
>> If the handler doesn't do so the task will merely loop on
>> generating exception, but this is not much different from a task
>> going into an endless programmed loop.

> Except that traditionally in Unix such tasks get blown away with
> SIGILL, and we should do the same thing too.

The default handler for a SIGILL would of course be to blow away the
task (with a core dump), just like traditional Unix systems.  The
application may override this, though.  For unmaskable signals
(SIGKILL, SIGSTOP) the signal syscall implementation would have to
send a message to the task server to kill/stop the task.

        eSk