Re: Thoughts about the new X.2 spec...

From: Farid Hajji
Subject: Re: Thoughts about the new X.2 spec...
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:02:22 +0100 (CET)

> I really hope that this is the last time function/variable naming for
> the L4 API will be discussed (on the other hand, every specification
> needs to have some bikesheds, right? ;-)

Please don't be so upset about Jeroen's argument. The X.2 spec just
hit the public and if you already discussed naming issues with
internal or external spec reviewers and are now tired about it, this
happened in closed circles.  A certain amount of criticism from the
broad public should have been expected ;-).

> If people like the other way
> of naming they can simply have some header file that redefines the
> names.  E.g.:
>
>    #define L4_SpaceControl    l4_space_control
>    #define L4_ReplyWait               l4_reply_wait

Yes, you're absolutely right!

-Farid.

--
Farid Hajji -- Unix Systems and Network Admin | Phone: +49-2131-67-555
Broicherdorfstr. 83, D-41564 Kaarst, Germany  | address@hidden