libports on l4

From: James Morrison
Subject: libports on l4
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 07:45:54 -0700 (PDT)

   Hi,

  I recently read that Neal may try to emulate libports on l4, and while waking
 up I thought of this crack pot idea.

  What I know:  Messages are synchronous and passed directly to threads with
 l4.

 Idea:  When the task/program is started a ports_thread is started that creates
a data structure(s) on the heap.  All messages are sent to the ports_thread
and placed into the data structure(s).  When a thread is looking for a message
it can wait until there is a message placed into the data structure(s).

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU