Re: Exploring a new paging interface

From: Espen Skoglund
Subject: Re: Exploring a new paging interface
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:55:10 +0200

[Neal H Walfield]
>>> become quite expensive.  The L4 group has run into this problem
>>> with Sawmill and Prime (a new multiserver OS).  They are current
>>
>> Prime?  I searched and searched but could find no reference to it
>> on the web.  Where can i learn more?

> It is so new and exciting that they have not yet released it.

It is basically SawMill all over again.  You know, once you've gotten
far into a project you tend to realize some of the mistakes you've
been doing.  SawMill' (that was the original name.  Prime was used for
short and has somewhat stuck within the group) is as such a more clean
re-implementation of SawMill.  The goal of Prime is the same as for
SawMill.  We just attack the problem from a slightly different angle.

        eSk