Re: Task destruction

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: Task destruction
Date: 06 Aug 2002 18:49:49 +0200

Wolfgang Jährling <address@hidden> writes:

> Object handles are also bidirectional, i.e. the server knows which user
> task holds a handle.  Or did you mean something different?

I just meant that messages are sent in both directions: death
notifications are sent by the task server to proc, and kill requests
are sent from proc to the task server.

In both cases the task server uses same "handle" <master, id>: In the
first case, it's where to send the death notification, and in the
latter case, the sender of the message is compared to the master of
the task being killed.

Will all handles be used in this way? It looks a little like a socket,
a bidirectional connection between two pairs <task-server, task-id>
and <proc, pid>. Up to now, I've been thinking of these handles as
l4-hurd analogues to Mach send rights or unix fd:s.

/Niels