Re: auth handshake and rendevouz objects

From: Bram Meersman
Subject: Re: auth handshake and rendevouz objects
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 00:01:01 +0100

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

We talked about auth and rendevouz objects before, and I think we concluded
that the rendevouz object should be managed by auth (at least that's how I
recall it).

I just thought about it, and I think it should stay with the user.

Hi,
I have read the discusion, and I don't think I like either of the protocols.

In both cases proxies are required to rpc to {Auth | Client} in order to pass on the rendezvous handle , so proxies will have to trust {Auth | Client}( if a thread performing an rpc sets a 0 receive timeout, the rpc will fail ).

In Hurd/mach proxies just pass on port rights, only Client and Server have to communicate with Auth.
Client and Server might even be the only tasks who trust Auth.

   Bram