Re: auth handshake and rendevouz objects

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: auth handshake and rendevouz objects
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 18:21:22 +0100

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 11:15:51AM -0600, Tom Hart wrote:
> I'm sure I'm being stupid, here, but is there any way that A can return
> a digitally-signed token to B, so that the protocol becomes:

Well, a digitally signed token is surely a lot of overhead.
It is somewhat equivalent to just using a random 128bit number as token,
which can hardly be guessed by anyone.  So, sure, this can be done, but it
is much easier and faster to just establish the authenticity of the handle
with the process providing the original object in some other way.

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/