Re: auth handshake and rendevouz objects

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: auth handshake and rendevouz objects
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:20:23 +0100

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 12:44:32PM -0500, Neal H. Walfield wrote:

>  * Client creates a handle for Server
>  * Client passes handle to Server
>  * Server asks Client to give Auth access to the handle

In fact, what I was worried about is "Proxy server asks client to give other
server access to the handle".  I didn't care about auth at all.

But as you rightly pointed out elsewhere, the proxy server can always proxy
internally anyway, so there is no practical value in my approach.  So having
auth provide the rendezvous handle is fine.

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/