Accessing the L4 API with XS for fast stub-code generation (IDL4::CORBA)

From: Etienne Robillard
Subject: Accessing the L4 API with XS for fast stub-code generation (IDL4::CORBA)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:47:36 -0400 (EDT)

Sup guys,
long time no see heh ? ;P

I was rovering over the perlxs man pages and I
found(?)
that PERL/XS might be usable with the L4 API for easy
method construction in XS/XSUB langage.

I need to know what you guys think of this. My problem
was that I needed some way to translate, let's say,
GNU HURD *.defs files in an optimized IDL4 format.
That manner, the {IDL::CORBA} module would contain all
methods needed:

i.e $interface->some_func($foo, ...)
$my_hurd = use IDL::CORBA::packet();

Anyways, Im trying all of this with Pistachio-0.1 . So
I quite don't know how you guys foresees IDL4
implementation in user-level. Further, I have no idea
if IDL stub code generation is plausible and or
realisable with XS. The advantages of this approach
are that it would offer a clean modular interface to
the user, as well of being extensible for many
platforms.

See ya 'round,

Etienne

=====