Re: Work on hurd-l4 and a simplefs

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Work on hurd-l4 and a simplefs
Date: 07 Jan 2004 18:58:13 +0100

Ognyan Kulev <address@hidden> writes:

> About simplefs, I've never heard it :-)

This is what is in the documentation in hurdl4:

  The exact number and type of initial tasks necessary to boot the
  Hurd are not yet known.  Chances are that this list includes the
  task server, the physical memory server, the device servers, and the
  boot filesystem.  The boot filesystem might be a small simple
  filesystem, which also includes the device drivers needed to access
  the real root filesystem.

So it will work like an initrd if I understood it correctly.

--
Marco