Re: wortel patch: Load task server

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: wortel patch: Load task server
Date: 19 Jan 2004 20:21:07 +0100

Johan Rydberg <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Niels Möller) wrote:
>
> : Is it possible to make wortel load and start all modules in the same
> : way, or are there some modules that need special treatment? If wortel
> : doesn't know in advance what each module does, the module when started
> : have to send a bootstrap message to wortel saying "Hi, I'm
> : implementing the FOO protocol".
>
> If I have understood Marcus' code correctly, the modules has to be listed
> in a special order (defined by enum wortel_module_type in wortel.h).

Right, that's how it works, and order can naturally be important. What
I wondered was to which degree loading and startup of these modules
need differ.

Marcus docs says that the loading of further modules can involve the
physmem server, but I don't quite understand how that will work and
what we win by doing it.

Regards,
/Niels