Re: Booting Hurd-L4 under qemu

From: Sam Mason
Subject: Re: Booting Hurd-L4 under qemu
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:36:35 +0000

Rian Hunter wrote:
>init_mempool()) does seem like a bad thing to me, especially in the
>middle of a C function. Anyway, the stack pointer being 0x0 is probably
>a result of some other real problem.

It's printed very early on.  I think it's giving itself a real stack
later on. . .

>If you have bochs booting the same binaries that qemu isn't booting,
>then that binary of qemu that you have is buggy or something. FWIW
>though I have qemu running under Mac OSX. If bochs is working for you,
>then I wouldn't worry about qemu, they are more or less doing the same
>thing. (except qemu is faster).

I think I'm going to have to get it all working.  My computer at home
is pretty slow and it takes about a minute before Pistachio gets
started when its running under bochs.  That adds quite a lot of time
to the development edit-compile-test cycle!

I'll have a better play later on.  At the moment I'm hacking up Johan
Rydberg's IDE code and attempting to access disks.  It's an *EVIL*
hack, but it's finding the controllers and attempting to probe disks
at the moment. . .

Cheers,
  Sam