Re: booting l4-Hurd, memory unaligned

From: Andreas B. Mundt
Subject: Re: booting l4-Hurd, memory unaligned
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:56:16 +0200

Hi Derek,

>Is it really 0x3ff?  This number should be 0xffffffff AFAICT.  Then
>there'd be no conflict.  If that is the right value, I wonder if we've
>corrupted the memory map somehow?

Yes, I just checked it again, it is 0x3ff. I am not an expert in these
things, but maybe my machine has not a "very good BIOS" - I once asked the
manufacturer about an update (it's a Gericom Laptop with SiS chipset)
and got the answer that this can, for some strange reason, only be done by
the the technical support...
So maybe it's just buggy or something like that...
Nevertheless, GNU/Linux and GNU/Hurd work fine, just in the install
procedure I had freezes which looked like shared interupt-problems (PCMCIA?) to
me...

Regards
        Andi