Re: [OT] Trusted hardware

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Re: [OT] Trusted hardware
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:30:50 -0400

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 21:19 +0200, Udo A. Steinberg wrote:
> Can you please clarify what you mean by "supervisor-mode hole" and/or give
> some examples of such processor errata?

I mean "mechanisms by which user mode code can enter supervisor mode."

No, I cannot give examples. Intel is very careful about the NDAs on this
information, and after watching the difficulties that Robert Collins had
to deal with, I have always refused to sign these NDAs. And so, of
course, if I now disclosed any of this I would be subject to prosecution
and prison for information theft.

Which would at least give me plenty of time to get Coyotos working. :-)