Re: Hurdish applications for persistence

From: ness
Subject: Re: Hurdish applications for persistence
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:18:21 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
   They _shouldn't_! Why do we have standards like POSIX.

This is the GNU system, not the POSIX system.  And POSIX isn't the
law.

Well, if so, why do we even implement parts of POSIX? I could imagine some sort of much nicer std, with OO and cool bindings for c++ (or only in c++, without c; this is sth. funny, actually: we have a kernel in c++ and the rest of the os in c...).
--
-ness-