Re: who pages the pager?

From: Neal H. Walfield
Subject: Re: who pages the pager?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:43:07 +0100

At Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:32:46 +0200,
Simon Nieuviarts wrote:
> And what if the pager does not answer ?

Then you shouldn't have trusted the pager to begin with.  In this
case, the pager is necessarily part of the task's TCB.

> I think the pager can only give hints
> to an external paging task that takes the real decisions. The pager can not
> be considered as reliable.

I don't understand these claims.  What kind of hints is the pager
going to give?  As far as I can see, there are no hints to give, only
instructions.  For instance: "if I fault at this address, map this
frame".  If the pager's pager maps a different frame then the task is
now broken.

Thanks,
Neal