Re: Processor requirements

From: prikulis
Subject: Re: Processor requirements
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:21:11 +0200 (EET)

> Here is the good thing: Companies building such systems are willing to
> pay _you_ (or me, or somebody else) to develop such systems.  This is
> because they will make some revenue selling the devices.
I understand You.
I would buy the new 64 bit computer, if i can see a clear way to earn the
money back. How do you make the hardware manufacturers to pay the
developers, testers, free documentation writers if the software is
published under GPL?
I like the opensource way as it is more rational to develop some software
together than when people make something on theyr own as ready parts of
code can be implemented in other software.
But electricity costs, a 64 bit computer costs, work takes some time so
some life upkeeping has to take place...
I would simply die or soon become a hobo, if I would do some serious
investment in free software.