Re: The gun analogy (Was: Design Principles)

From: Peter 'p2' De Schrijver
Subject: Re: The gun analogy (Was: Design Principles)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:32:15 +0200

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 09:25:35AM +0200, Tom Bachmann wrote:
> Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> > Note that in EVERY case where drugs have been banned, the ban has
> > failed.
>
> I am probably not old enough for having seen such a failed ban, and I am
> not sure about what kind of drugs exactly you are speaking, but here in
> europe there have been several partial bans of both alcohol and
> cigarettes in the last year. And I think this was a good idea.

I think you forgot to leave your house. 1 example : pot is a banned
substance in germany. Do you really believe there is not a single german
who has ever used (or still uses) pot germany ? (especially with the
netherlands so close :)) IMO bans on drugs are silly. They cause quality
control to be non-existant and they make it harder to teach people
responsible use of them. People will get hold of them anyway.

L & L

p2.

--
goa is a state of mind