Re: L4.sec

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: L4.sec
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:20:40 +0200

At Thu, 31 May 2007 14:25:00 +1200,
"Shams" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have read that L4.Sec might be a candidate for Hurd.
>
> Does anyone know if L4.Sec is supposed to replace L4.Pistachio
> and/or L4.Fiasco?

L4.sec is developed in Dresden, while Pistachio was developed in
Karlsruhe.  The available draft document indicates that it is more of
a mini-revolution than an evolution of previous L4 architectures.
Although I am involved in none of the projects you reference, I would
expect that they will be continued in parallel for quite some time.

> Will L4.Sec be a merged version of L4.Pistachio and L4.Faisco?

None of that.  It's a new project.  It's faithful to the L4 paradigm
of recursive address spaces, but different in many implementation
aspects due to different memory management and IPC security
facilities.