lash-dev

[Lash-dev] Re: [LAD] [ANN] lash-0.6.0 release candidate 2

From: alex stone
Subject: [Lash-dev] Re: [LAD] [ANN] lash-0.6.0 release candidate 2
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:24:13 +0300

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Nedko Arnaudov <address@hidden> wrote:
"alex stone" <address@hidden> writes:

>I think you use both sequencer backend of JACK and a2jmidid, they both
>handle "legacy" ALSA seq apps. I personally use raw midi backend for
>handling hardware ports and a2jmidid for handling "legacy" ALSA seq
>apps.

I didn't know this, i'll have a look. I've been using alsa seq for all, not realising a2jmidid would 'duplicate' alsa legacy app ports.

>As for port numbering, your observations matches my knowledge about the
>code, i.e. port numbers are increasing and reset to 0 on jack server
>start.

No user error? I'm amazed...

>BTW I'm surprised that you managed to connect Rosegarden trough
>a2jmidid. I was under impression that it needs static alsa<->jack
>bridges,

I may not have explained this properly. In the pic you can see RG midi cabled to LS midi. Both are Alsa. I couldn't use the a2jbridge.

>This indeed sounds strange. Maybe it is some bug in jackdbus patchbay
>code. As test, can you please check whether those audio connections
>appear through libjack interface, either using qjackctl or jack_lsp with
>-c option?

Qjackctl confirms the  ports are cabled together. They simply don't show as connected in lpatchage, even with a refresh, or restart.

Still using "jack_lsp -c" next time may be helpgul ;)

I've written this down,  O learned one .........

Alex.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>