lash-dev

[Lash-dev] proposal: support for native event loops

From: Markus Grabner
Subject: [Lash-dev] proposal: support for native event loops
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 01:36:00 +0100

                Dear LASH developers!

    When I started to investigate Linux audio software a while ago, I soon
realized that LASH is a core component to handle the large diversity of
applications. Unfortuately, adoption of LASH is suboptimal, and I thought
about how LASH could be made more attractive to developers to integrate into
their own projects. IMO, a very useful extension would be a layer on top of
the current DBUS-based implementation which integrates LASH into the major GUI
frameworks, e.g., employing the signal/slot concept in Qt. I wrote some
experimental code to demonstrate handling of LASH events in the standard Qt
event loop and processing of events in user-defined slots. This gives a very
clean API which could easily be used by an experienced Qt developer. If you
are interested, I can make the code available to you.

I noticed that there has not been much progress with LASH recently. Did you
encounter some fundamental problem which needs to be resolved before coding
can continue, or is it "only" lack of time as for many open source projects?
In the latter case, I am willing (and hopefully able) to contribute a little
bit to this great project!

        Kind regards,
                Markus

--
Markus Grabner
Institute for Computer Graphics and Vision