libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: private udf information

From: Shaya Potter
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: private udf information
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 00:27:35 -0400

On 10/19/2010 12:18 AM, Rocky Bernstein wrote:

I don't see any reason right now to hide anything in udf_dirent_s, so
the simplest thing is to expose all of it. If you are imagining other
things in struct stat that aren't in udf_dirent_s, well, they aren't
readily available as the start block and length are.

    For instance, I couldn't write udf_get_start_block() easily outside
    of libudf, because I needed offset_to_lba().

Yes, so that would be made public too.

    As mentioned, part of me thinks a well thought out udf_stat()
    function is what's needed.

Ok. Suggest something. Or better, implement it.

I'm mostly worried about ABI issues. there's a reason the stuff was private in the first place and keeping it there helps with not having to version the shared lib.

I'll look into it, though right now, trying to convert my dvd iso decrypting program into instead of writing out a new file, do it all in place (relatively simple, but its only a night time endeavor)