libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:01:30 +0100

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 10:16:54PM -0500, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> I've compiled on Solaris, Ubuntu and cygwin and no unexpected problems. The
> test driver program
> cdrdao fails consistently now. I don't think that is your problem, but a
> flaw in the image reading recently reported and a weakness in the cdrdao
> test code. I will get around to fixing that way before another release.

That is because you changed these lines in test/driver/cdrdao.c.in
-       if (!cdio_is_tocfile(psz_tocfile)) {
+       if (!cdio_is_tocfile(psz_tocfile) ||
+     !(p_cdio = cdio_open_cdrdao(psz_tocfile))) {
Since most of the test toc files do not have a datafile entry, the image
driver will not parse them and return an error. Also the offsets given
in vcd2.toc are bigger than the actual image file cdda.bin and causing
another error.

> I could run the check_cue test fine, but I'd like to be able to burn the
> cdda binary so I can try with other drivers. But haven't been able to burn
> the image. I tried k3b on Ubuntu and Roxio CD/DVD creator on windows. k3b
> doesn't like the CDTEXTFILE line in cdtext.cue. Roxio will accept that but
> it doesn't let me burn to a CD-R.
>
> I would be interested to learn if someone can burn this image successfully
> and if so what software is used. (Or it would be okay just to send me a
> physical disk to test with.)

cdrecord should do the job. I do not have any blank discs right now but
I will try tomorrow.
There are two options
1) use `cuefile=filename' and `-text' command line arguments. cdrecord
should parse the CDTEXTFILE keyword then
2) if it does not, you can still manually specify the cdtextfile with
`textfile=filename' argument
see man cdrecord

Actually there is almost no documentation of CD-Text implementation. I
had to get most of it by digging through cdrecords and cdda2wavs source
code. Those were the only programs that got close to implementing the whole
standard.

Regards
Leon