libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] pycdio 0.18 missing symbols

From: Thomas Vander Stichele
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] pycdio 0.18 missing symbols
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 03:08:26 +0100

Hi,

> > I'm not sure why you're taking offense? I'm not griping, I'm merely
> > reporting something fishy.  pycdio.py as shipped and packaged by Fedora
> > tries to access _pycdio.CDTEXT_ARRANGER which is simply not there.
> > _pycdio is built using swig.
> >

> Adrian Reber posted a while ago about this. Again, doesn't appear that you
> noticed that.

I assume you are talking about his post from January 7th, subject
'pycdio', which mentions a build error of pycdio against latest libcdio
release.  Yes, I had noticed that email before posting.  No, it's not
related to this problem - a compilation error ensures it doesn't
actually build the module.  In my case, the module _pycdio.so is built,
it just doesn't have the symbols pycdio.py thinks it should have.  I'm
sorry you seem convinced that I'm not reading the list first before
asking questions, but I assure you that I did.  (Even if I'm still
confused on what thread you think explains CDTEXT_ARRANGER changing or
why grepping for that is not a logical way of looking for it...)

> The developer list was intended for development discussions. There is a help
> list <address@hidden> for how to use libcdio and there is a bug
> tracker <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=libcdio>bugs-like things.

(I assume you meant libcdio-help there.) Fine, if I figure out what went
wrong in Fedora Rawhide I'll take it there or the bug tracker.

Thomas

--

Can you please try to live in the now with me ?

Moovida - future TV today !
http://www.moovida.com/