libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] Fedora bug report concerning CD-TEXT

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Fedora bug report concerning CD-TEXT
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 20:24:09 +0200

I just implemented the interpretation of TAB characters in cdtext.c.
Thomas, does your test file include this? May I have it for testing?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:10:47 +0200
"Thomas Schmitt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Elsewise the content of my .right and .v07t files look ok to me
> if .right got produced with the experimental libcdio changes.
> nightcats_ii_en_de.cdt with current libcdio demonstrates all three
> bugs.
>
> So where to send them ?

I am a little hesitant to replace the old cdtext file because I
generated it with Sony's reference tool, as far as I remember. And
it was quite painful getting that to run.

The current test works with a .cue file that references the CD-TEXT
blob. That way we can use cd-info with its cue reader and do not need
to add a dedicated binary to parse CD-TEXT.

But since you kept the number of tracks we can simply reuse the
existing image to save space.

I would suggest adding your cdtext blob together with a new cue file as
cdtext2.cdt and cdtext2.cue.

If you send me the blob I could prepare a patch.

> And where to document that the .cdt file was produced by burning
> a CD
>
>   cdrskin dev=/dev/sr0 -v blank=as_needed -eject \
>           input_sheet_v07t=nightcats_ii.v07t \
>           input_sheet_v07t=katzenmusik_ii.v07t \
>           -sao -audio -swab track1 track2 track3
>
> and then reading the packs by
>
>   cdrskin dev=/dev/sr0 -v cdtext_to_textfile=nightcats_ii_en_de.cdt

I would suggest adding the file test/data/README.cdtext

Best
Leon