libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] cd-info doesn't get cddb info for discs with data

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] cd-info doesn't get cddb info for discs with data
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:17:59 -0400

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Stephen Kell <address@hidden> wrote:
> The test currently is that if there are no data tracks we consider cd audio.
> What would
> be a better test? If there is only one data track after all of the audio
> tracks?

I'd say if there are *any* audio tracks, it's worth doing a CDDB lookup.
Sometimes the order is reversed, e.g. game CDs that have a red-book
audio soundtrack after the track with the game data. Sometimes there
are even multiple data tracks (e.g. one for Mac, one for Windows).

Ok. It sounds like you've got a good idea of what you'd expect to see. If this is correct, then
probably it would be best for you to work something that meets your expectations.

If there's a question or a coding problem you have, I can probably help out.

> What would be very helpful is to remaster this CD to make it not proprietary
> so we
> have a sample test to work with. For example you could burn this to an image
> and then
> make the wav part be 1 second of silence. If the data part has copyrighted
> text, change the text.
> We  want to keep the *structure* of the CD image to be about the same. The
> content can be totally different.

Cool -- should be no trouble. I'll post back in a couple of days. I can
probably provide a few more test cases too, for other kinds of
data/audio hybrid.

Great! Rather than post the disc images to the mailing l'd suggest https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=libcdio instead.  Another possibility is to send the images directly to me.

Thanks!

No - thank you!