libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] Does libcdio can work with macOS (Mac OS X)?

From: 桃源老師
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] Does libcdio can work with macOS (Mac OS X)?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:20:22 +0900

Hello Rocky-san,

Thanks for replay...

> 2017/09/15 午後4:59、Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden>のメール:
>
> The output from running the configure script is:
>
>    configure: WARNING: Don't have OS CD-reading support for darwin17.0.0...
>    configure: WARNING: Will use generic support.
>
> Looking at the script itself, the specific thing that libcdio needs is are
> these header files:  IOKit/IOKitLib.h and CoreFoundation/CFBase.h,

$ mdfind -name "IOKitLib.h"
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/Headers/IOKitLib.h
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/Headers/IOKitLib.h

$ mdfind -name "CFBase.h"
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Headers/CFBase.h
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Headers/CFBase.h

I have both.

> Googling around for those two specific header files suggests they may be part
> of XCode. Do you have that installed?

Yes.  I have installed Xcode 8.3.3 and Commandline Tools for Xcode (Some header
pakage)

-- * --

I  may found the cause of problem:

I'm using macOS High Sierra Beta.  It's darwin version is 17.0.0
Your configure script seems to support upto darwin version 16.x  (16.x is
current release of macOS)

So the above configure warning appears and can't build darwin (OSX) driver.

Now, I confirmed that my old mac (darwin version 15.6) can build darwin driver
and can access cd by unmounting it.

High sierra would be released on Sep. 26, 2017.

Should I wait for official release of macOS and your update of configure script?

or

Can I use old mac's binaries, libraries?

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi