libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] Does libcdio can work with macOS (Mac OS X)?

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] Does libcdio can work with macOS (Mac OS X)?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:21:53 -0400

I see in lib/osx.c on line 662  the check function getting called. I don't see exactly where it is defined though.

Something in High Sierra has changed so that it isn't in the same place as it used to be. The function itself seems pretty straightforward if it had to be written from scratch.

Since you have an older macos box, maybe you can find out from that where this check function is located in the OSX libraries on the older versoin. That might suggest what needs changing.

When I get a chance I will do likewise.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 7:49 AM, 桃源老師 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello rocky-san,

Thanks for your support...

> 2017/09/15 午後8:23、Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden>のメール:
>
> So one possible solution is to build from git.

I used Anonymous clone
$ git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/libcdio.git

And tried to build on macOS High Sierra (Kernel Version Darwin 17.0.0) then I get:

If I configured with --disable-shared, make fails with the below:

Making all in src
  CC       cd-drive.o
  CC       util.o
  CC       getopt.o
  CC       getopt1.o
  CCLD     cd-drive
  "_check", referenced from:
      _get_drive_service_osx in libcdio.a(osx.o)
make[2]: *** [cd-drive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

If I configured without --disable-shared, make fails with the below:

Making all in src
  CC       cd-drive.o
  CC       util.o
  CC       getopt.o
  CC       getopt1.o
  CCLD     cd-drive
  CC       cd-info.o
  CC       cddb.o
  CCLD     cd-info
  CC       cd-read.o
  CCLD     cd-read
  CC       iso-info.o
  CCLD     iso-info
  CC       iso-read.o
  CCLD     iso-read
  CC       cdda-player.o
  CCLD     cdda-player
  CC       mmc-tool.o
  CCLD     mmc-tool
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `cd-drive.1', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

What can I do for next?
If is there any fault, please let me know...

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi