libconf-dev

[Libconf-dev] None

From: dams
Subject: [Libconf-dev] None
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:05:26 +0100 (CET)

Sender: address@hidden
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re:
Date: 28 Mar 2003 13:05:26 +0100

First of all, my mailer is sowmehow broken this days, so I'm sorry for bad
headers or so...

I have CC this to the libconf-dev mailing list, please keep the Cc so that we
can archive all this. You could even join the mailing list :)

Aidan Delaney <address@hidden> said:

> > Ok I've read the attachment, your plan is (correct me if I'm wrong)
> > basically to have a common language for all config files, and a unique
> > engine to parse, read, and modify them.
> No, thats not what I have in mind.

oh sorry I misunderstood

What I see now after your explanations, is that your syntax/language could
replace our parser.

Actually we could use your language to have more human readable templates, that
we then convert to our built in templates.

What is already coded? Do you have some syntax definition? do you have
something to generate the datastructure ?

If you want, you can help us on the other parts, glueconf and systemconf. We
need ideas to make things straightforwards, especially on systemconf

--
dams