libconf-dev

[Libconf-dev] CVS login broken?

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: [Libconf-dev] CVS login broken?
Date: 14 Jun 2003 01:16:12 -0400

When I try to access CVS, I first try to log in with:

$ cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/libconf login

and just hit return at the "CVS password:" prompt, however I get back
the following message:

cvs [login aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

A tcpdump of the session reveals that my CVS client is sending the:

BEGIN VERIFICATION REQUEST
/cvsroot/libconf
anoncvs
END VERIFICATION REQUEST

but the server immediately sends the FIN,ACK in response.  Methinks the
CVS server is hosed in some way.

I hope this is fixed soon as I want to at least take a look at what code
is laid down and hopefully help somewhat.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell <address@hidden>