libconf-dev

Re: [Libconf-dev] Re: shell template and whitespace around the =

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: Re: [Libconf-dev] Re: shell template and whitespace around the =
Date: 14 Jun 2003 20:51:16 -0400

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 20:18, address@hidden wrote:

> hey! I'm glad you saw that, I was working on it :)

:-)

> I have commited a postfix libconf template, and a test suite. The postfix
> template handles the multiline.

I think I disagree that this condition should be handled by a file
specific template.  I think it's a common rule (even if it's use is not
exercised liberally) in "key = value" type files to allow the pair to
occupy multiple lines if subsequent lines are prefixed with whitespace.

This condition should be handled generically, not on a file-by-file
basis, IMVHO.

> I have asked a friend of mine about it, it seems that any \s character (space,
> tab...) at the very beginning of the line means that it's the same atom.

Right.  And I think it's common in "key = value" parsers to allow this.

We should be aiming to keep the number of "file specific"
templates/parsers down to the absolute minimum and leverage generic
templates/parsers for as many files as we can.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell <address@hidden>