libcvd-members

[libcvd-members] Problems with fast corner code

From: Georg Klein
Subject: [libcvd-members] Problems with fast corner code
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:11:59 +0100 (BST)

This is with fast_corner_detect_10, but probably applies to others as well.

fast_corner_detect_10, when using faster_blah_10, crashes on images whose width is not a multiple of 16; this is because of the lines

        const byte* const end = I[I.size().y - 3]-16;
        for (const byte* p = I[3] + 16; p!=end; p+=16) {
                                        ^^^^

For images where size isn't a multiple of 16 but the check still works (e.g. width multiple of 8, even number of rows) the code doesn't crash, but produces spurious corners at the image edges.

Before the recent fast merge, this was not a problem since I was using slow FAST for the cases where this comes up. I don't understand the faster code enough to fix this myself, alas. What I could do is add checks to the logic which decides which detector to use, but I don't think that's the right way, no?