libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] FAST crashes (again!)

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] FAST crashes (again!)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:26:52 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Ethan Eade wrote:

for(int x=16; x < xend; x++)
  {
   const byte* p = &I[y][x];
   __m128i lo, hi;
    {
      const __m128i here = load_si128<Aligned>((const __m128i*)(p));

Notice how p is is being incremented in 1-byte steps, and is then loaded as if it were 16-byte aligned. Hmm! I think one of the 9 or 10 had this incremented in 16-byte steps earlier.

Yes, it seems Ed changed the code to work with SubImage (hence the change to a double loop), but it should be 'x+=16'.

Yes. I also attempted to fix the crashes and edge effects that Georg was experiencing on oddly sized images. I didn't understand the code well enough to fix it, so I rewrote the bits I didn't understand. I have no idea if it is slower, and rather oddly it worked when I tested it. I do not see how this could have possibly been the case.

I generally prefer if stuff works on subimages, but not if there's a significant penalty. If it's too much slower, you can put back in the old code (minus the bugs :-)

But yes, it should be x+=16.

-Ed