libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] gvars3 Makefile.in configure configure.ac gvars...

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] gvars3 Makefile.in configure configure.ac gvars...
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:10:17 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Georg Klein wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Edward Rosten wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Georg Klein wrote:

Nice.

The whole global-initialised-in-a-library thing does seem rather unsafe when other classes use it in a constructor!

Try the latest patch. It's a combination of pimpl and singletons. It should make using GUI at any point safe.

-Ed

Works for me!

I don't get the point of the template trick here? Could just have instance()
be a member function of GUI_impl, no?

Good point, I think that would work.

Also, the constructors of GUI_impl
need to be protected for it to be a singleton.

Well, GUI_impl.h isn't installed...

Also, I suppose that there's no real requirement that it is a singleton. I just want the library to provide a ready-made global so that I don't have to create it in every program. Multiple GUIs could work in principle...

Also, I probably forgot to do it.

Also, it seems that we have two commandline interfaces at the moment (closely related). I'll probably remove mine, but I might well modify yours.

I like the process_in_crnt_thread() methods, since they make all the wierd segfaults magically disappear...

-Ed