libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] CVD + ffmpeg

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] CVD + ffmpeg
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:05:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Qi Pan wrote:

I've tried installing ffmpeg from the svn repository and the package manager
- not sure if either of those are in fact ffmpeg-devel?

Most distros usually provide a package containing the .so files, and a development package conaining the header files.

There is a
libffmpeg-devel in my package manager, but I can't install it due to
conflicts... something about not being able to install libtheora-devel
as libtheora0 would change vendor and then libffmpeg0 cannot be
installed as installing amrwb would change the architecture...

Don't know about that I'm afriad.

From what I remember when getting ffmpeg to work with cvd in suse 10.2, I
just installed ffmpeg from svn which then enabled cvd to detect it.

Gerhard also says that he cannot get ffmpeg to be detected by cvd either...

Which systems are these?

Although maybe my problem lies in finding some way to install
libffmpeg-devel?

It looks like it, although installing the SVN version should have fixed that. Where did you install it?

I've enclosed config.err when installing ffmpeg and config.log for cvd as
well as a text file containing the output from ./configure on cvd.

Hope they are the required files!

OK, can you find where ffmpeg/avcodec.h is on your system?

This is what config.log is complaining about.

-Ed