libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] libcvd cvd/convolution.h cvd/cpu_hacks.h cvd/di...

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] libcvd cvd/convolution.h cvd/cpu_hacks.h cvd/di...
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:43:55 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Gerhard Reitmayr wrote:

Hi guys,

Let me know, if you have any problems with any of these changes. I will
try to fix them ASAP. I am going to use this over the summer for some
Linux/OSX/Win32 cross platform development, hopefully this will make it
stable and useful.

I don't know if this is helpful, but you can link mingw compiled stuff against normal windows stuff. That's why libCVD supports mingw at the moment. That said, I ported it, but I didn't do any of the other work on Windows.

The main benefit seems to be allowing ./configure to work under windows and pick up whatever libraries you have without editing config files.

I believe that this went via static libraries as well. Unlike cygwin, you don't need mingw installed on machines you want to move the executables to. As a further benefit it is possible to cross compile some programs from the comfort of a Linux machine. Even stranger is when you have wine installed and the cross host can run the target's execuatables. That confused me and ./configure for a while :-)

In theory, it ought to be possible to specify the commandline visual studio compiler instead of gcc. That said, the script would probably get the flags all wrong. I suppose one could write a flag translation wrapper...

-Ed