liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Problem with deb packages

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Problem with deb packages
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 23:10:16 +0200

sorry for the long silence.

Am Samstag, den 31.05.2014, 18:01 -0400 schrieb Mehul Sanghvi:
> What about a PowerPC package ?

I tried to google a bit about cross-compiling debian packages. - It
would also be interesting for the 32-bit packages, as ET's machine runs
amd64. Anyhow, I think it is simpler to do it native, as here it is just
about calling
Liberty/work/packaging/build_debian.sh

You could give it a try on your machine. (You'll probably need some new
packages installed on your system, but you'll find out what it
missing ;-)

So for the 32-bit packages I started some work. I setup a 32-bit VM,
reachable from et's host (no public IP) and public-key auth, so "ssh
address@hidden" should be enough to take you there (when you're logged in as
et)

For ET I added a stage "building 32 bit packages" which does a similar
ssh to et32's host and tries to build the packages after a git repo
fetch.

So let's see how it goes in the first try. And copy the 32-bit packages
in the next version ;-) BTW: cyril, assumed we once have 32-bit debian
packages, why do we need to do on ET's host afterwards? Just add it with
reprepro as done in build_debian.sh at the end?

I'll be away for the next two weeks starting on Sunday, so Cyril, if I
damaged et seriously, either fix it or disable it by commenting the
32.bit stage in check.php

Cheers,
Rapha