libextractor

Re: [libextractor] libextractor, java, windows

From: Nils Durner
Subject: Re: [libextractor] libextractor, java, windows
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:30:55 +0200

Hi,

> The libextractor-0.5.14.zip package is a binary package, but is it a
> cygwin
> binary package?
No, it was built using MinGW (mingw.org).

> Meaning, does it require cygwin?
No.

> So it
> expects not to be installed in /usr or /usr/local, correct?
Right. Just put everything (*.exe and *.dll) in a bin/ directory.

> If not requiring
> cygwin, then I suppose that extract.exe should work from a DOS command
> line,
> but it does not and gives the error: "The application failed to initialize
> properly . . .".
That's odd, maybe this is due to missing DLLs - just unzipping the ZIP
does not work, see above.

> I tried to compile libextrator from source in cygwin myself but no joy.
Building using MinGW should work, see
    http://www.gnunet.org/hacking_win32_build.php3

> Except, I need something like a set of javadocs so that I know what
> methods
> are available and the method signatures that I can call. How do I get
> that?
> [...]
> Send a file as a byte array and get back the mime-type as a String.
> Can I do
> that with libextractor via Java?
There is a Java binding for LE (https://gnunet.org/svn/Extractor-java),
but I have never seen it in action.

> I need something like javadocs. How do C programmers know what function
> signatures are available in a library?
This is an improved "javadoc" that is also able to handle C source:
    http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/index.html

Libextractor's main header file is here:
    https://gnunet.org/svn/Extractor/src/include/extractor.h

Hope this helps,

Nils Durner