Re: [libmicrohttpd] Building under MinGW

From: Duncan Murdoch
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Building under MinGW
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:44:33 -0400

On 7/12/2009 10:04 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
I see messages in the archives that show people building under MinGW with gcc 3.4.5. I'm using gcc 4.2.1, and when I run ./configure I get

checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... no
checking if compiler supports -pthread... no
checking if compiler supports -pthreads... no
checking if compiler supports -threads... configure: error: Your system is not s
upporting pthreads!

I see there's a pthreads for win32 at

http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/

I built this, and put the files

libpthreadGC2.a
pthreadGC2.dll
libpthreadGCE2.a
pthreadGCE2.dll

into MinGW's lib directory, and pthread.h into its include directory, but I still get the same configure error as above. Can someone let me know what I need to do instead?

I have made some progress since that message (I dropped the GC2 from the names). I can now get past configure, but I still get compile errors.

Has anyone else done a build under MinGW lately?

Duncan Murdoch