[libmicrohttpd] MHD_start_daemon returns NULL in Release Mode

From: dumitrița munteanu
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] MHD_start_daemon returns NULL in Release Mode
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:18:56 +0200

Hello everybody

I am using libmicrohttpd-0.9.35-w32  -- more exactly libmicrohttpd-10.dll for which I have wriiten a wrapper in order to load the functions from libmicrohttpd in Visual Studio 2010.

My problem is that MHD_start_daemon returns NULL in Release mode, but it works on Debug Mode.

I am calling MHD_start_daemon like this:

 struct MHD_Daemon *daemon =  MHD_start_daemon (MHD_USE_SELECT_INTERNALLY, 8080, NULL, NULL, &answer_to_connection, NULL, MHD_OPTION_END) )

I have checked the libmicrohttpd-10.dll with Dependency Walker and I saw that it was build in release mode (MSVCRT.DLL -- is the release visual studio dependency).

Does somebody have any idea why this strange behaviour happens in Release Mode?

Thanks everybody,
D.M.