Re: [libmicrohttpd] Thread modes and event looks & MHD_USE_THREAD_PER_CO

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Thread modes and event looks & MHD_USE_THREAD_PER_CONNECTION
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 14:58:01 +0200

Dear Allan,

I checked the documentation and found that it was in one place simply
wrong and in others possibly confusing.  Specifically,

> ... and only works in conjunction with MHD_USE_THREAD_PER_CONNECTION

was totally wrong as this is the only case where
MHD_USE_EPOLL_LINUX_ONLY does not work (because it makes no sense: there
is only one socket if we run a thread per connection, so using
poll() instead of epoll() is always better/simpler/gives same O(1)
performance).

I've clarified the documentation in SVN 36283.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Happy hacking!

Christian