Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD can't find MO files

From: silvioprog
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD can't find MO files
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 00:15:30 -0300

MHD is a small library, but with great knowledge involved. I intend to adopt this logic in my RTL libraries. :-)

( I'm going to update the issue, now we just need a small README + demo showing how to translate the MHD errors :-) )

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02/25/2017 03:05 AM, silvioprog wrote:

> Anyway I'm curious, is there any special reason to MHD not to call
> bindtextdomain() internally? 🤔 (it seems locale.h/libintl.h is present in
> all SOs supported by MHD ...)

Yes, to minimize runtime dependencies and maximize speed in the (common)
case where translation is not needed -- after all, this is a Web server,
not a GUI ;-)

--
Silvio Clécio