[libmicrohttpd] Complete request on fd becoming ready

From: Hein-Pieter van Braam
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Complete request on fd becoming ready
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 02:44:20 +0200

Hello all,

I am writing an MHD application where the MHD HTTP server acts as a
proxy between a HTTP REST API and a different binary protocol on the
backend. My MHD application opens a new TCP connection to the backend,
translates the request, and waits for an answer.

The waiting on an answer part would normally be blocking, and reading
the MHD manual I can't come up with a way of using async io here. What
would an MHD application look like that creates response objects from
(another) polling loop, and where do I even place this loop?

I have been thinking of a variety of convoluted things with threads,
then I figured it'd probably be better to ask the experts :)

Thanks!

- HP