[libmicrohttpd] feature request: give a possibility to re-assign callbac

From: Vitaliy T
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] feature request: give a possibility to re-assign callbacks
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:29:51 +0300

Hello,

1. Subj.
2. Why is this should be useful?

2.1. When you're actively using suspend/resume functionality and later
trying to shutdown the MHD daemon, then last one, by default, uses
default callbacks (which were given at the startup) for _resumed_
connections (as docs says).

By good intentions, such callbacks must be transformed into stubs,
that is, { return MHD_NO; } to complete the task properly. Currently,
it is possible to wait, I may say, weeks if there are thousands of
active requests.

2.2. It gives a possibility to write, I have no good words for this
except next, the polymorph-like servers. For instance, it may be funny
(and may be be a serious work) to load an external shared library and
then re-assign callbacks to the functions which the library contains.

Either, are there any alternatives about how to do tasks above I don't know?

P.S. Yes, I know, that the task must be done properly, that is, there
are no active connections, the daemon should be in quince-mode, or
connections must be blocked by a firewall and so on. This is not a
problem.

Thanks!

--
With Best Regards,