libqtlua-list

Re: [Libqtlua-list] Project maintenance

From: Gustavo de Sá Carvalho Honorato
Subject: Re: [Libqtlua-list] Project maintenance
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:29:22 -0200

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Alexandre Becoulet
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 04, 2011 01:49:09 pm Gustavo de Sá Carvalho Honorato
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I saw in the project's site that QtLua is tested against Qt 4.5, which
>> is quite old. This project is currently active?
>
> I'am using this project and add new features as needed for my use.
> The library is in a stable state. I'am currently using QtLua 1.2.1 with
> Qt 4.7.1. You are right, I have to update the Qt version on the website.
>
> Note that QtLua code does not need update on new Qt4 release as it's
> not a binding. It relies on Qt meta-object system to list QObjects
> members at run-time and it doesn't aim at wrapping the whole Qt API.

Great! I'm writting an application using Qt and I would like to use
Lua instead of QtScript to provide scripting for my application. I
will make some conceptual tests with QtLua and if it's ok I'll use it
and will contribute. Do you encourage contributions?

On last thing: I saw a disclaimer in QtLua documentation but it isn't
clear for me which license (GPL or LGPL) is used by QtLua. It's
important because the application I'm developing will be commercial.