libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Can libreboot help to escape the Intel AMT/ME nightmare?

From: Alexander
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Can libreboot help to escape the Intel AMT/ME nightmare?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:15:24 +0100

On 02/09/2015 01:41 PM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> * For coreboot, we can dump it, but I guess there is no reproducible
>   build procedure in place. So it's wroth trying to see if that can be
>   done.

I would be very interested to know more about what makes a build process
reproducible? My guess is that this would be if the components used in
the building procedure are specified (so that there is no variation
occuring i.e. simply because different compiler(versions) generate
different code i.e. due to optimization patters being differnt etc.?)